Sunday, February 21, 2010

Derek Lam Fall/Winter 2010!

Derek Goes West...

I had the opportunity to attend the Derek Lam Fall/ Winter 2010 Fashion Show during New York Fashion Week on Tuesday, February 16, and it was absolutely stunning. The show took place at Capitale` in SoHo, which is an old bank turned event space on Bowery. Entering into the space, I was in awe of the grand ballroom with huge columns and coffered ceilings. The atmosphere was beautiful, and this was only where the show was taking place.

The show begins and glittery white confetti falls from the middle of the runway, giving the effect of snow fall.

After a colorful printed Spring/Summer 2010 collection, Derek chose to use a more muted palette of colors but still keep his effortlessly chic style with beautiful coats and use of, my favorite, leather! Being inspired by cowgirls, there was fringe, chin-straps, and chunky platform booties.

Being an intern for Derek Lam Co., I was able to actually have a seat at the show and got to be an observer rather than a model dresser. After the show we went back to the office and merchandised the collection, so I actually had my hands on the clothing that I just watched go down the runway in New York Fashion Week.

Here's a video that I took of the Finale walk and some of my favorite pieces from the collection!!!

P.S. In the video, front row, third person from the left. ANNA WINTOUR.








** Pictures provided by Style.com

1 comment: