Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feeling Accomplished.

This is the first day in a while that I feel like I'm actually making a lot of progress with the 'Villains' collection. I officially have 8 pieces done and the dress that I finished today actually took my breath away. FFP held model practice earlier where I fitted three outfits on girls and surprisingly, they all fit!! That makes my job much easier.

My mom also found the perfect lime green crepe fabric that matches the lime green tulle! I had been looking for a fabric like it for weeks and she went into one store and found it within seconds. I would seriously be nothing without her. I'm adding two more printed fabrics to the collection as well. One, a thick black and pink striped stretch cotton, and the other is a teal and black speckled cotton. The collection is getting even more colorful that I imagined and I can't wait to get to work on it and have it grow over Spring Break!!!


































I've actually updated this dress since I took this picture, but I've added purple tulle inside these two layers of leather on the shoulders. It fits my model (aka my roomie Kristin) like a glove! :)

I'm so excited to continue to work on this collection. Watching it grow on my rack is making me more and more anxious to show people the collection, but sorry, I have to keep the best of it under wraps. I do want some of it to be a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! I'm so impressed that you can design and sew like that. My mom is an interior designer and went to fashion design school, so she makes sewing look easy, but I know from trying to copy her that it's not! I have zero patience for making the perfect measurements and sewing in straight lines haha. Keep up the good work! I'll have to make it to the show this year.

    ReplyDelete