Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HELLO FASHION-JUNKIES!

I'm Alyssa Carnazza. I'm 21 and currently a senior at Fordham University. I started designing when I was in high school in New Jersey. I couldn't find a junior prom dress that I was in love with, so I explained to my mother exactly what I wanted it to look like, and POOF, a dress appeared. Since then my mom has taught me everything I know about sewing, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

For the past three years, I have dedicated much of my time at Fordham to a very special club called "Fashion for Philanthropy", in which we help to raise money for the "Make-A-Wish Foundation." Every spring semester we hold a fashion show completely ran by the club members and Fordham Students, where we try to raise enough money for the "Make-A-Wish Foundation" to make one child's wish come true. This year our theme is "Once Upon A Runway" inspired by fairytales. I have chosen to take a risk, designing and sewing a 15 piece collection inspired by VILLAINS.

I will be posting pics and videos of my journey to the fashion show to update you all on how the process is coming along. I will also be running around Fordham with my Nikon taking pictures of any of you little fashionista's on campus, so dress to impress and maybe I'll post about you ;]

xo. Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment